Your resume is your most important calling card in your job search.
It should include the following information:
Contact Information. Include telephone, address and e-mail contact information. In addition, make sure your voicemail message is professional. A message that is too casual can create a negative impression.
Career Objective. You may choose to list or not list your career objective. If your objective doesn’t match the recruiter’s needs, you may miss out on a golden opportunity. However, a clearly stated career objective can help your recruiter find your ideal career match.
Summary Statement. Your summary should be brief.
- Include your title and years of experience.
- List pertinent accomplishments.
- Discuss your character traits or work style.
Example:“Results oriented professional with over 10 years experience in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry. Extensive background in commercial development, Key Opinion Leader development, and medical education. Demonstrated ability in achieving business objectives through the development of creative marketing initiatives.
- Successfully launched biologics and small molecules in the US and Global markets, exceeding forecasted goals.
- Proactive and resourceful in facilitating and developing relationships with key medical leaders in both academic and clinical practice settings in order to generate awareness of product and/or therapeutic areas.
- Hired and managed up to 5 direct reports, many of whom have been developed and promoted within the organization
- Strong leadership skills including “District Manager of the Year – 2001″.”
Professional Experience. List each position held in reverse chronological order. If you held multiple positions within the same company, list them all to show advancement and growth. The body of each position description should describe your responsibilities and accomplishments.
Other Components. Include education, professional training, affiliations/appointments, licences, technical skills and languages.
Personal Information. Do not include personal information such as marital status.
Employers Want To See
- Increased revenues
- Saved money
- Increased efficiencies
- Reduced overheads
- Increased sales
- Improved workplace safety
- Purchasing accomplishments
- New products/new lines
- Improved record-keeping process
- Increased productivity
- Successful advertising campaign
- Effective budgeting
Adapting to Your Needs
Whether you are seeking specific talent or unique opportunities, we provide an established level of service that is receptive and responsive to your needs. Connect with us to learn how we can best serve you.